Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day

I had heard that there was supposed to be a good low tide on Monday, so after breakfast Mr. X and I went to Point Louisa to see what we could see. We were told upon arrival that Douglas is really the place to be...and that the lowest tide was Saturday. Good thing we spent Saturday's low tide scrambling on the beach and Sunday's low tide paddling past beautiful star fish.

We spent an hour looking at starfish. Green, orange, pink, silver and purple. We were able to identify red anenomies and sea cucumbers. A dad out with his kids caught a dolly varden trout and released it in a deep tidepool for everyone to examine. We saw green and purple urchins. Our sunburns were bugging us a little in the early morning sun, but this was Mr. X's chance to use the good camera for beach picture taking, (since we don't take it rafting with us) and I didn't want to miss it.

In the afternoon, I made potato salad with potatoes John left in the fridge and we continued to put away our camping gear. Seriously the living room looked like a sporting goods store.


 I'm afraid I'm seriously in need of a vacation now.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! We love tide pools but wow, the abundance! Looks like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.