Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Maiden Voyage of 2013

note: pictures taken with GPS camera. Definitely affects quality

We took out the Packrafts for Family Night. Just a short trip at Auke Rec to get back in the groove of things. It was also the first time out in dry suits. We've got to figure out how to get in and out of them a little faster.
I look goofy in this picture. But that's the real deal.
We also ran into people we knew. I tried really hard to not make eye contact.

On Tuesday the next week we went back to Auke Rec to try self - and assisted rescues. Mr. X and I hadn't had the guts to try doing this in cold water without dry suits, which is kind of bad. We now know that we can get ourselves back in our rafts if we ever flip, at least in calm water. We did find out that I have a harder time tipping than Mr. X does, not too big of a surprise based on general gender differences, but good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments.