Thursday, April 24, 2014

More library news

On Tuesday we took a detour on our way home from work to hit the Douglas Library. This small library is out of our way so we don't visit often, but when we need variety we go to browse the stacks. The building is fairly new and shares space with the fire department (have I told you this before?). When you come up the stairs from the garage, you can peek into the ambulance bay of the fire station. It's also set on a hill overlooking the Gastineau channel, which is of course lovely on a spring afternoon.

 I was able to find a book our friend Grey had recommended and then sat in the sunny window downloading books while Mr. X perused the new releases.

After getting our pile of books, books on cd, dvds, VHS, and digital books checked out Mr. X sighed and said something along the lines of, "I feel like a million bucks; I can afford every book at the library!" I agreed and added, "Yeah, I'm so mellow now I feel like taking a nap".

I guess we shouldn't be surprised, the word on the street is that going to the library feels as good as a $2k+ raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments.