Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tip: Mini-Cooking Day

Since our schedule this fall takes us away from home for 11 hours Monday – Friday (5:40 am – 4:40 pm), I’ve started having a mini-cooking day each week. Depending on what’s on the menu for the week, this may be Saturday or Monday evening.

Typically, I cook up the meat needed for the week. I’ll also get any rice/millet ready to go. These items are either refrigerated or refrozen until needed later in the week. Pre-cooking saves us valuable time in the evening, because we just need to reheat the base items, and prepare a vegetable/fruit.

Once a month or so, I have a baking day in which I make up the breakfast muffins, breakfast burritos, pizza dough, cookies, etc. that we enjoy having on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments.