Don’t forget this is National Save for Retirement Week. Do something this week to celebrate! Some ideas:
- Check your pay stub to see what, if any, is being put aside for retirement
- Find out what your plan options are and if there have been any changes since last year. Determine whether you should make a change for 2010.
- Pull out your latest plan statement and see where you are.
- Read a book about personal finance, preferably one which includes a section on retirement investing.
- Find out if your employer is offering any retirement/investment education this week (Alaska PERS/TRS is. Find out what’s available here)
Before anyone says, “But I’m a SAHM,” remember that 80% of women outlive their husbands – make sure you know what YOUR retirement will look like.