Friday, June 26, 2015

Herbert Glacier bike ride




Mr. X and I had been taking Fridays off work to enjoy the spring weather. We'd been spoiled for choice.


There was one final thing I wanted...and Mr. X just didn't. So I borrowed a bike and took a solo cycle to Herbert Glacier. This is a trail designed for riding and I was thrilled to check it out...it's true that you never forget how to ride a bike. The last time I'd ridden was years ago in Washington DC of all places.



I quickly ate up the trail passing several families on foot and finally ditched the bike for the last half mile of the trail. I was rewarded with the blue glacier, mountain peaks and Herbert river. And a few wildflowers.



A great, easy ride, and I still had a whole day left for important things like a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments.