Monday, October 27, 2014

Retreat at Shrine of St. Therese



Our new ward's Relief Society has a tradition of going to the Shrine of St. Therese each fall. I went out after work for dinner, games and a devotional. The theme was PJs party. Prayer, Journals, Scriptures and we had a good discussion of how we fit each into our days.

It was a partly clear evening so I enjoyed looking up at the stars...but cold enough I didn't stay outside for long. 

Late in the evening, the Relief Society President went next door to "the early to bed" AKA post office cabin and, scratching at the window, totally terrified the women. One particularly funny woman came back to the lodge to say that she was so scared she had to change her under pants! 

About 2 am, after two hours trying to sleep and the party still rocking, I packed up and went home. I needed sleep or I was going to be sick.

I was so glad I was able to go back early the next morning for breakfast and exploring of the shrine. I walked out the causeway to the chapel with a couple friends and we watch sea lions swim by.

After breakfast I wandered over to the gap which is a cabin you can use to get out of the weather as you look over the columbarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments.