Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August

  • Saturday evening, we walked out to the glacier. The tourists were all out hunting for a bear sighting. That mama and cubs gave them the slip, 'cause we found them in the beaver pond upstream - beyond the viewing area.

  • Sunday, we went walking along Montana Creek. We stopped and got laughed at by some ptarmigans and then I tripped over a Chum salmon. It was just laying there right on the edge of the path. I'm pretty sure we had interrupted some cub's supper, because while fish can jump, they don't usually jump twenty feet up a hillside.

  • When we got home one evening a few weeks ago, I found a plastic bag on our door knob. Inside was a slab of Coho from our neighbor. Not in the mood for fish, I tossed it in the freezer. Last night we fried the puppy up and enjoyed the incredible, rich flavor of wild Alaska Salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments.